Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Geographical Center Of North America

So, we are hammering East towards Devil's Lake, North Dakota, but I want to send this little message to let everyone know we are safe. I am posting this from the bottom of the obelisk that marks the Geographical Center of North America, and there are many other posts which we will put up when we stop for real. I don't know how people live here: the wind never stops and has been blowing us all over the road. We have been through Glacier National Park; up the Going to the Sun Road, which quite frankly scared the piss out of me; and through about half of the Great Plains. Now, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea here, Allison and I love fields, but this is ridiculous, and needs to stop. We have been communication-dark for days as there is no internet, cell coverage, text messaging, or anything for much of route 2 so that is why we have been quiet for so many days. This part of the country makes my old home in Halifax, Vermont look like Time Square. Dear Lord get me out of here!

No comments: